2011년 1월 24일 월요일

Highrise: Out My Window / Compare&Contrast Writing

I don't know well about Amsterdam. Well, to be honest, I've heard that city's name first time.
So I don't have any knowledge about Amsterdam and Amsterdam culture or something. But I really like to know, and I researched about Amsterdam.
Before I tell you about this city, I'll tell you what I am going to talk about. I'll compare Zanillya, my friend in Amsterdam and me like our religion, living style, our job and duty, outside view, our city that we are living. Because I got a new friend, and I want to know more about Zanillya's life.
Amsterdam is a capital of  Netherland. During 1940 to 1945, Netherlands was under control of Germany. They had hard time. In World War 1, Netherlands were not this side nor that side. They wanted to be in that case in World War 2 again, but Adolf Hitler mached into Netherlands and make it colony of Germany.
I think Wonju had similar situation with Amsterdam.
Korea was a colony of Japan for 35years! (From 1910 to 1945)
I've heard that we did an independence movement and many of people died. But our soul for Korea's independence was very strong. I don't know that Netherlands did it.
Nowdays, it's pieceful.
Also, outside scene is similar. We have a parks, buildings like Amsterdam.
I love my city and I bet that Zanillya loves her city either.
Next, I'll compare our job..
Well, I don't have specific job because I'm a student. If we call student a job, lets go with my job, student.
Zanillya's job is musician. Umm, I cannot call her specific musician because she does all the thing that is related to entertainment.
Her father was a member of Boney. M, the music band. So she liked music since she was young.  I like music also. She make a fusion  music, because her mother is Roman Gypsy, and she wants to mix hip hop and other things. In http://interactive.nfb.ca/#/outmywindow, you can listen to her music.
I really like music as I told you before but my work is to study well and play well with a job named students. I sing a song when I'm playing or in my breaktime.
My religion is buddhist.
But in case of Zanillya, she believes that all religion is one. All the people name it different, she believes. Finally, I found difference of me and Zanillya.
In Zanilllya's house, there are all kind of religious things. There are Jewish things, Buddhist, somethings from China, somethings related in Christian or Catholic.
I don't know if it's a right thing, but as she believe it, I think I have to respect it. Beacause her father believe that and thought her that, so I can't say it is bad.
Also, there is one more difference thing from me and Zanillya.
Zanillya said that she observes the clouds moving. I don't. But I think it's good to observe and think where is it going or something.
I think there's so many things to learn each other.
I want to make many good friends like Zanillya!!

댓글 2개:

  1. I heard that Amstredam was in control of Germany during WW2. I hope you compare your life and Zanillya's life well!

    답글삭제
  2. Sorry a bad grammar someone used my ID and left a comment.

    it should be under control, not in control ( to anyone who used my ID

    답글삭제